Tuesday 15 May 2012

A chat with Dan from CALM

So yesterday I had a lovely long chat with Dan Taylor, coordinator for London, about the progress we have been making so far with setting up the charity ride for next year.
Safe to say that Dan was very excited at the prospect of so much exposure for CALM and the vital message that they want to convey.
I filled Dan in on the Twitter account, blog and Virgin Money Giving site, with the only remaining social media tasks left being the setting up of a Facebook fan page.

I suggested that it may be a good idea to get an interview with Pat posted on their website as well as in their magazine, CALMzine.

The next step is to reestablish contact with the various media outlets that I have emailed and called recently, and to gauge their interest and respond accordingly.
After this it will mean phone calls to the bike manufacturers that I want to target, namely KTM and BMW.
Route planning and setting up calls to all of the bike dealerships/clubs on the way as well as military units that I want to turn out will come next.

If anyone does read the blog and feel that they have good contacts that can be used to further the challenge, please feel free to comment or drop me an email.

Just a short one today as I have been stacked out building an outdoor oven for someone this week.

Keep sharing and retweeting please.

No comments:

Post a Comment